1499 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony_Manniel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello. I’ve only been using AirTable for a few weeks now so bare with me. I am setting up a grid that has certain dates entered along with other information for law cases. If I put a date into one cell, can 2 the other date entry cells automatically fill in with futures dates based on the first date that is entered.

For example, if I enter in 9/1/2020 in one cell, can the next date cell automatically fill in with a date 6 months in the future and then based off that 2nd date, have a third cell fill in with a date 10 days later?

I’m sure there is a formula perhaps but I’m unaware after doing some searching.

Thank you very much for your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can create 2 different formula fields to help you with that.

For your purposes, you would use the DATEADD function like this:

6 months later:
DATEADD({Your Date Field},6,'months')

10 days later:
DATEADD({Your Date Field},10,'days')

You’ll also find the full list of formula functions on the Formula Field Reference page.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can create 2 different formula fields to help you with that.

For your purposes, you would use the DATEADD function like this:

6 months later:
DATEADD({Your Date Field},6,'months')

10 days later:
DATEADD({Your Date Field},10,'days')

You’ll also find the full list of formula functions on the Formula Field Reference page.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Anthony_Manniel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you ScottWorld. I will try that in my cells.