495 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcolevito
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Every day, a pizza shop offers a different specialty slice pie of the day, which I have listed on Airtables. The chat bot platform I'm using now is bad at telling time, so when someone starts using the chatbot, I would like to make an API call to my base to see

(1) what time it is and if the pizza shop is open; 

(2) if the pizza shop is serving slices [which serves between 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.]; and

(3) What specialty slice pie of the day they're serving?

I'm a newbie, but I don't mind doing research. If you can just give me a general direction, I would greatly appreciate it. thank you

4 Replies 4
Marcelo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi!

What chat bot tool are you using?

you can integrate with Make.com and create a workflow (sequence of steps) to search every "question" you mentioned. Then send the answer to chatbot

i'm an Airtable and Make consultant, you can contact me for further help.

Yes, I am using Make.com and ChatBotBuilder, or CBB. Can you give me the basic structure of how you would run this?

Right now, I do use these platforms for an appointment-setting chat bot where CBB sends an API that creates a record, and then that triggers a script that grabs all of the user's information. And that's about the only experience I have, if that helps. I've included the photos. 

I'm going to assume I would have the system timestamp element included in the base spreadsheet along with the pizza of the day and its corresponding date.

1) Would I use a filter in Make to find the open/closed time, day of week, and date parameters for pie-of-the-day, or would that be done in a formula field inside of Airtables?

2) Would I use a similar trigger setup where CBB creates a record first to get a record ID? Or is there a better way? Thanks again for your help. mark

scrnli_1_24_2024_12-42-09 PM.png

scrnli_1_24_2024_12-43-14 PM.png

scrnli_1_24_2024_12-43-49 PM.png

   

marcolevito

scrnli_1_25_2024_11-03-46 PM.png

Here's an easy question for you, I'm trying to get this formula to work tell me what's not correct. I wanna match the slice pie of the day date with the current date