256 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
betaprogramhelp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi - I'm looking for help building a tracker for customers that sign-up for beta programs. I have a table for Customers. And I have a table with a list of Beta Programs.

For each beta program, they will have a google form where customers can be nominated. Then I want it to the feed into Airtable. Each customer nomination needs to go through a process so their status can move from Nominated > Pending > Confirmed. Is it possible to have one table per beta program, then one table that has a list of all beta programs that gives a count of who many customers are confirmed?

6 Replies 6

Yeah, that's possible.  Personally I'd just have one table that contained all the form submissions for all the programs instead of having one table per program.  Each of those form submissions would be linked to the appropriate program in the table of beta programs, and then I'd use rollups to get the customer counts

Do you know if there is a way to do it so each beta program has their own table? The reason is each beta program manager will need to track different things for the potential customers, so I want to give them the flexibilities of adding whatever columns they want after someone submits the form. 

elija6266
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello there,

Thanks for sharing these insights mate as I found it very much useful and informative.

Yeap, use Airtable's Google Forms trigger: https://support.airtable.com/docs/google-workspace-triggers#google-forms-trigger

Then use conditional logic to feed the form submission into the table of your choice: https://support.airtable.com/docs/conditional-groups-of-automation-actions

Ok I got that. But How do I link each table into a summary view "List of all Active Beta Programs" sheet and it shows you all the accounts that are tied to that beta program. So for example,

Beta Program #1 table is set up like this

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 9.21.01 AM.png
Similarly Beta program #2 is set up in the same way like this

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 9.21.46 AM.png
However, the aggregated view looks really weird. I had to create separate columns to link the "Active Beta Programs" view to each of the individual beta program tables. 

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 9.22.58 AM.png

Is there a better way to do this?

Given the requirement of needing one table per beta program I'm afraid what you've done is the only way