Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshj55
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Spoiler

Hello Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I am currently working on a project where I need to create an accounting table in Airtable to manage financial transactions. The table should include columns for "Date", "Amount", and "Event Type", and it needs to track various financial events such as existing non-financial debts, personal financial debts, business debts, and loan transactions.

Here's a brief overview of the data I need to incorporate:

1. For the date 2024-03-01:
    • Existing Non-Financial Debt: -15,000,000
    • Existing Personal Financial Debt: -31,000,000
    • Existing Business Debt: -8,000,000
  2. For the date 2024-06-01:
    • Startup Loan Transaction: -100,000,000
  3. Additionally, for 2024-12-01, there is an event of "Sacrifice" which involves an 80% forgiveness of the combined total of the Existing Personal Financial Debt and Existing Business Debt.
  4. And for 2025-02-01, there is a "Loan (Business Closure)" event adding +100,000,000.

I am looking to not only input this data but also calculate the total amounts over time, possibly even incorporating visual elements like bar charts to represent the data over time.

Could anyone guide me on how to best structure this table in Airtable? Specifically, I'm interested in:

• Suggestions on how to set up the fields and tables to accommodate this type of data.
  • Advice on how to handle calculations, especially for the debt forgiveness part.
  • Tips on integrating visual elements or linking to external tools for visualization.

Any templates, formula suggestions, or general advice on managing this type of financial data in Airtable would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards

0 Replies 0