Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Newbie questions, moving from Trello

Topic Labels: Base design
753 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was wondering who could help me determine if AT can be a very good solution for our needs:

• I’d like to populate a table with potential people to contact, sourced by external searches: so manual import or copy or API actions, to be determined. The goal is then for a person to check those records, and either mark them as OK, or discard them as not valuable. I was thinking a dropdown menu, or checkbox, which would trigger an action. If said to be relevant, contacts would go to another table.

Can I then move a qualified prospect to another table, or bd, and hence not keep the original record ?
Is it better to create a table in a separate database, or can I hide 1 table from a database to some people so the view does not get cluttered ?

If we adopt Airtable, I’ll transfer there some specific functions we currently solve with custom (Python) scripts polling our Trello board. I could not find whether I can do the following :

• For every record (currently record) that has not had an interaction, trigger an alert (New record in a Reminder table to show an action to be completed ? Draft message prepared there ?)

• Based on those criteria, prepare a draft email that gets saved in a IMAP email account ?

• I understand a workspace has its own plan so if I buy a pro plan it only applies to 1 space, but I can have many databases in it, each with many tables, provided each db is not over the plan limit ?

• Any fear of having the access/use slowing down ? For hundreds of cards in a board I have lag issues with Trello.

Thanks for your input.

3 Replies 3

Hey @RNUSAS

You could create a Leads table and a Contacts table. In the Leads table, you could create a single-select field called Status and add options like ‘Qualified’ and ‘Not Qualified’.

Then, create an automation that ‘when a record is updated’ as Qualified, you create a record in the Contacts table.

As far as your other questions -

1 and 2. you could create a Formula field that calculates 7 days from the date created field and have it say ‘Needs contacted’ - you can then create an automation based on “when the field contains ‘Needs contacted’” > send email to specific email address

View this to learn more about Airtable automations

1. yes, 1 workspace can contain however many bases you want. Depending on the plan you choose, Free can have collaborators for free. Pro will charge you for each collaborator on a base.

2. as far as slowing down, everyone has different experiences. just really depends on your set up. but enterprise businesses use it for their work, so it must not be too bad. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for those useful infos !