Help

Pulling data from one field to another field on separate table?

Topic Labels: Base design
788 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddie_Zelenak
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to have one base that uses a same customer record in different ways. I have an “Intake” table that I’m hoping can auto populate my “Outreach” table for consumer outreach.

So, what’s the easiest way to set it up so that these two tables will talk to each other? The records will be the same, so maybe I have to design the base with this in mind?

If someone populates data into the Intake table, I’d like some of that data to auto-populate into the Outreach table.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Eddie_Zelenak!

Can you explain what you’re trying to do? Is there a reason you want to duplicate multiple pieces of information across 2 tables? This is typically not the best way to setup a database. Maybe you just need to link tables instead, or maybe you just need to create different views in your existing table.

There are no automations built into Airtable, so there is no built-in way in Airtable for you to automatically create/update a record in a 2nd table, based on a record in a 1st table. You would need to automate the process with a tool like Integromat.

You could also write a custom JavaScript script to do this for you, but you would need to manually run the script every time you want it to happen.