1425 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonF
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! I’m new here. Is it possible to share all of the options in one single select field with another single select field in another table? For example, say I have table of employees with a location (city), and a table of clients with a location. I’d like to be able to add a city to one field and have it automatically show up as a single select option in the other table.

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the Airtable community!

In order to share information across bases, you need a synced table. You could turn your list of locations into a synced table, and use a linked record field instead of a single select. When you add a new location to the original table, it would show up in the synced table (either automatically or at the next manual sync, depending on the setup). Note that you would only be able to add locations in the original table, not from the synced table.

JasonF

Hi, Kuovonne. I am not trying to share options across bases, but rather across tables. I can’t tell if your reply still applies.

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, I recommend converting the single select field into a linked record field. You would have a [Locations] table that stores all the locations. Adding a location to the Locations table would make that location available to all of the tables that are linked to it. You would loose some features (different colors for locations, kanban grouping, etc.), but it should solve the base problem.

JasonF

Thank you, I will try that!