662 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacey_Maggiore
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a list of single-select options that I would like to clean up without causing any records to have an empty single select status. For example, I would like to delete “sketching” and convert all instances of “sketching” to “researching” (these options can be found towards the bottom of the list in the image). That way, when I delete “sketching”, no record will have an empty single select field, and all records that had “sketching” will turn into “researching”. Is this possible?

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 4.36.30 PM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

A couple ways to do this:

1. If no records have been assigned “researching” yet, delete the option and simply rename/recolor “sketching” to say “researching” and all assigned records will be updated.

2. Group a view by the {Design Status} field, go to the group for “sketching” and paste “researching” into all those records. Then delete the “sketching” option.

3. Use the Batch Update app to set the values of records. Warning: the app does whole views at a time, so make sure to use a view filtered to only show records with values you’re trying to change.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

A couple ways to do this:

1. If no records have been assigned “researching” yet, delete the option and simply rename/recolor “sketching” to say “researching” and all assigned records will be updated.

2. Group a view by the {Design Status} field, go to the group for “sketching” and paste “researching” into all those records. Then delete the “sketching” option.

3. Use the Batch Update app to set the values of records. Warning: the app does whole views at a time, so make sure to use a view filtered to only show records with values you’re trying to change.