Help

Automation - Repeating group : append sync. value field -> how to add more value instead of deleting

386 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Support_IT
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello

Here is a case we're stucked with :

For a given company, I need to list projects that are located in the regions covered by the company.

For example: company A covers regions 1, 2, 3 - company B regions 2,4

• project Alpha is located in region 1
  • project Bravo is located in region 2
  • project Charlie is located in region 4

Companies are in a table, Project in another one, list of Regions is a linked field to another table for both

In Compagnies table, I've a field where I list covered Region (linked value) and a field with Projects (linked values) - I want to run an automate that fills in the Projects value(s) based on a Region value(s).

At the end example should be :

• Company A - cover regions 1, 2, 3 - project Alpha, Bravo
  • Company B - cover regions 2, 4 - project Alpha, Charlie

Automation will :

• for a given company, find the list of region covered
  • run a repeating group of tasks with each value of the list of region covered
    1. find the project(s) already linked to the company (first round = none)
    2. find the project in first listed region, update the "Project" linked cell value
    3. find the project in the second  listed region, update the "Project" linked cell value -> adding the value to the previous one(s) found (not replacing)
    4. find the project in the third listed region, update the "Project" linked cell value -> adding the value to the previous one(s) found (not replacing)

--> issue is that it replaced each time it repeat/loop the tasks, as example :

• Company A - regions 1, 2, 3 have 0 project (Alpha is erased by Bravo, erased by BLANK())
  • Company B - regions 2, 4  have only project Charlie (Alpha is erased by Charlie)

--> 3 steps in the loop

Support_IT_0-1689611661114.png 

--> Append update action :

Support_IT_1-1689611773889.png

It should combine in "Dossiers-cibles" values from step-1 on 2 of the loop, but it always takes into account only values found in step-2 / Should I use record-IDs or names ? Is there something wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your time

0 Replies 0