1061 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Reed
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Sometime in the past few days I have not been able to export to CSV from an Airtable embedded in the www.adveritasdx.com website (go to Test Database). There may be some browser dependence - having trouble with Chrome and the latest version of Edge; old version of Edge works. Has there been an update to Airtable recently that would casue this?

2 Replies 2

Very strange! I’m on Mac, and it didn’t work for me in Chrome either. But it DID work for me in both Safari and Firefox. So, for now, I would probably recommending using Firefox, and then I would send an email to support@airtable.com to see if they can fix this or figure out what’s going on. Please post back here with what they say! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks ScottWorld. I have sent a note already and they asked me to add a ‘allow-downloads’ flag in the embed code of my site. However, I don’t think this is it. I have a fried who is a developer and he found this. I am also sending this to AirTable support:
It has everything to do with their server setup. Currently, the download link points to https://airtable.com/v0.3/view/viw0k2zvP10tNlJWU/downloadCsv?x-time-zone=America%2FChicago&x-user-lo.... When clicking that link, the user is redirected to https://airtable-csv-exports-production.s3.amazonaws.com/2217284f5f129064/Grid%20view.csv?AWSAccessK.... The important thing within this second redirection link is the “Expires=” part. Inside of there is an epoch time that access will expire. What is happening is that when a user loads the page, they may or may not already have an expired token to the download, which makes it so it may or may not give access to the CSV based on whether the expiration time was hit or not. This is the bug you are experiencing. It has everything to do with the generation of that link and the “Expires” value that they are using. See the attached images.

Here, 12 minutes later, after a hard refresh of the page, I am still getting a 403 forbidden because the “Expires” value has not changed.screenshot 1 screenshot 2 screenshot 3