938 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jon_Eynon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am running a function on gform_after_submission in WordPress. It creates an new record in a large AT. We are finding more often than not the submissions works in Gravity Forms but the record is not created in AT. I have error checks in my function that makes the AT connection and it doesn't throw anything, including any error from the curl itself. It seems to leave the function formatted correctly and without error. no curl_error.

This happens maybe 8 out of 10 submissions. We can find nothing different about the data in this submissions. It seems to be on the AT side of things. No one throws an error

Is there any log where I can see if these submissions make it to AT and are being rejected? I need some help on where to look next! Please and thank you.

NOTE: Updating records from the same form works just fine. Never errors. It is the creation of a NEW RECORD that doesn't go.

Frustrated. Jon

4 Replies 4

If you're not getting an error message, you will want to make sure that your Airtable view isn't filtered. If your view is filtered, then you might not be viewing all the submissions in Airtable.

For further troubleshooting, I would try setting it up with Make's Gravity Forms integrations, which will create new records in Airtable for you, and will report back any error messages to you.

Jon_Eynon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@ScottWorld  Thanks for the response. The view is not filtered as I was hoping that was it. I have integrated Zapier to see if it creates new records, which I am sure it will. The issue is that there is some tweaking of the data before the send to AT, which is why I didn't go with an out of the box solution.

Is there any log on the AT side of things that can show me when API calls are connected?

Jon

Unfortunately, no.

Jon_Eynon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@ScottWorldWell I will watch and see if Zapier sends them through. I just can't find anything wrongwith my curl and it works some of the time so I know it isn't a systematic failure. My client is a heavy heavy user. They have an account containing 28K records in a table. The table we are trying has 2K plus records. Issue with it trying to write when someone is in the backend?

Jon