692 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hank
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I know it is possible to create custom Extensions and publish them to the marketplace. I was not able to find any information on developing third-party actions for Automations.

For example, there is a list of integrations:

hank_0-1699012358368.png

Can I develop a new one for a third-party system? 

I'm looking for a way to develop and publish it globally for other users to consume. I'm a part of a product company and we want to give Airtable users option to integrate through Automations. 

3 Replies 3
hank

@Zach_Felsenstei You seem to be the person related to custom Automation actions development. Maybe you can reply to this question. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Custom actions can’t be built for Airtable’s Automations, although you could give people custom JavaScripts that they can copy and paste into the “Run Script” action.

You would probably want to explore developing your own custom modules for Make and Zapier, which are the 2 most popular automation platforms for Airtable.

hank

@ScottWorld thanks for the reply. 

I already have integrations with Make, Zapier, Power Automate. 

We have customers asking to trigger our product from Airtable "Interfaces". Right now it is possible by adding a button, that triggers an Automation. The automation has a script that sends a REST API request to our product.

However, it is not user user-friendly and scalable solution. I see Salesforce, Google Drive, and other actions. Adding an action for our product would be the best solution here.