Help

Give external customers access to their airtable data (using Airtable as CRM)

1384 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrgreen
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I would love to able to share custom apps with external users. Maybe someone has an idea if I can realize that using the airtable interfaces. 

Dashboards can be build super quickly. 

In general, I have a straight-forward use case:
We are using Airtable as CRM and would like to allow customers to access their data / i.e. an overview of their data. It would be great if we could just send them a link and they immediately have access to a dashboard. 

Is this somehow realizable? 

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No, this is not possible unless you give them all Airtable accounts.

In the vast majority of cases, people need to turn to external portal tools to do this. Some of the most popular portals are: A few of the popular options for Airtable portals are: FilloutNolocoSoftr, JetAdmin, and Glide.

I give a step-by-step tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

You might be interested in my writeup of different ways to provided limited access to Airtable data in my Guide to Airtable.

If you want a magic link that doesn't require an account or logging into a system, a third party tool is your best option.

If you are okay requiring a free Airtable account, an Airtable Interface with read-only access is easy to do.

chrgreen

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

What is the best app for this use-case in your opinion?

Hi,

thanks for the answer. (:

What is the best app for this use-case in your opinion?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Noloco is likely the best, but it can be a little confusing to setup.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld