Help

How to properly use PAT in third party applications (Make, Xano)

Solved
Jump to Solution
1758 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fareh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I created PAT as followed in documentation and copied it's token but I can't use it.

I do get an "Error 403" in Make when I use my PAT there and I also get "Invalid Personal Access Token" in Xano.

I checked the documentation regarding it and it seems I don't understand how to use it since I only wanted to use the template as base here in airtable and use it's table in Xano as a test data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It is great to hear that you are using Make.

In my personal opinion as an expert Airtable consultant, Make is the #1 best way to integrate & automate Airtable.

To get a personal access token, you will need to take these steps:

a) Log into Airtable with an account that has owner permissions. IMPORTANT: This should be an owner account that will NEVER get deleted from Airtable. (If this account ever gets deleted from Airtable, then all of your external automations & integrations will stop working.)

b) Pull down from the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen and pull down to “Developer Hub”.

c) On the next page, click on the blue button in the upper right that says "Create new token”.

d) For "Name", type “Make.com”.

e) Under “Scopes”, keep clicking on the “Add a scope” button until you’ve added AT LEAST these 3 scopes:
data.records:read
data.records:write
schema.bases:read

f) For “Access", click on "Add a base” and choose “All current and future bases in all current and future workspaces”.

g) Click on the blue button that says “Create token”.

h) IMPORTANT: Your personal access token will only be shown once, and it will never be shown to you again. Copy and paste this token for yourself to keep it on-hand.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It is great to hear that you are using Make.

In my personal opinion as an expert Airtable consultant, Make is the #1 best way to integrate & automate Airtable.

To get a personal access token, you will need to take these steps:

a) Log into Airtable with an account that has owner permissions. IMPORTANT: This should be an owner account that will NEVER get deleted from Airtable. (If this account ever gets deleted from Airtable, then all of your external automations & integrations will stop working.)

b) Pull down from the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen and pull down to “Developer Hub”.

c) On the next page, click on the blue button in the upper right that says "Create new token”.

d) For "Name", type “Make.com”.

e) Under “Scopes”, keep clicking on the “Add a scope” button until you’ve added AT LEAST these 3 scopes:
data.records:read
data.records:write
schema.bases:read

f) For “Access", click on "Add a base” and choose “All current and future bases in all current and future workspaces”.

g) Click on the blue button that says “Create token”.

h) IMPORTANT: Your personal access token will only be shown once, and it will never be shown to you again. Copy and paste this token for yourself to keep it on-hand.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

I really appreciate your expertise with this matter and just to add to it I figured out that the name to be set for the PAT should be the domain name or the sub-domain of the instance you're making in Xano. Thank you!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! 🙂

The name doesn’t actually make a difference.

That’s just an internal name for you to reference — to remind yourself what you used each token for.