New! Five open source blocks

Topic Labels: Custom Extensions
2078 9
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi!

As you might’ve seen, there are five new blocks in the gallery: base schema, flowchart, flashcard, name quiz, and URL preview.

The special thing about these blocks is that they’re open source. We hope that they help you get started more quickly – feel free to use their code in your own blocks, or remix them to create your own versions!

You can find the code for all our open source blocks here:

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 9.36.02 AM

9 Replies 9
Medinas_Health
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there, very excited for the new URL preview block (I was literally in the process of requesting something like this).

However, for some reason it is not recognizing Airtable URLs. Youtube works just fine, but I’ve tried Airtable table views, record views, calendar views. No matter what the type of link is, the preview is not functioning.

@Medinas_Health – unfortunately…
CleanShot 2020-03-13 at 14.47.10

It’s excellent for those services, in particular. But it’s only for those services right now.

That’s so strange, in the actual interface Airtable links are the first ones listed.

This won’t let me post an image for some reason… imgur .com / 6UfzOEV.png

Also from the description page:

It works best with links to popular audio and video platforms as well as other Airtable bases.

Apologies for the confusion – it supports Airtable share links, so if you have a shared form, shared view, or shared base link it’ll work with those.

More info on share links: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/205752117-Creating-a-base-share-link-or-a-view-share-...

Ah, I see, are there any plans to support links to standard airtable views? There are a ton of useful applications:

• Record List view on the left with detail view on the right
  • Moving text extracted via the Vision API, directly into another record
  • One-click editing of a record while browsing a grouped list of linked records

This could move airtable a big step closer to allowing complex and streamlined interfaces, especially when it comes to moving data around.

I’m actually working on a block concept for this right now, and hoping to be able to make it editable as well. It’s a big undertaking though, so I make no promises :persevere:

I’ll count myself lucky that you’re working on it :slightly_smiling_face: thanks Jeremy

We don’t have immediate plans to support this, but thank you for sharing how this would be useful!