1395 9
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kate_McHugh
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have an ongoing problem (3 weeks) and i am unable to create an automation with Twilio.
Apparently Airtable can't help either as their customer support has disappeared! Ref. 00577493

I have a list of users in airtable with phone numbers (all correctly formatted).

I want to schedule an SMS to subscribed users)

I get this error when I run a test.

Kate_McHugh_0-1688521604425.png

The automation is configured to enter the phone numbers from the airtable list.

Kate_McHugh_1-1688521652375.png

As you can see in the error the automation is adding in lots of code into the list and I am wondering if this is the problem? Hoping someone from Airtable can assist given you aren't answering support tickets.

9 Replies 9
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

You have chosen the wrong token for "To"
"List of records" returns HTML data

In the "To" selection window, you need to select the value of the field in which the email address is input.

Kate_McHugh

I want to send to all of the phone numbers in the table view I have specified.
I am only able to select a list or grid from the dropdown.

Kate_McHugh_0-1688527065632.png

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

It was a phone number😆

If the Find record is appropriate

Select "Find record", Scroll down to the bottom of the "List Properties" section.
Do you see a list of phone numbers in the "Make a new list of..." section?

Kate_McHugh

Yes. this is what i have done. It doesn't work.

@Kate_McHugh 

#1. Your screenshot shows that you’re not sending a phone number to Twilio. You’re sending HTML code, text, and numbers to Twilio.

#2. You can only send one phone number at a time, not an array of phone numbers. You’ll need to loop through your phone numbers and send each one individually.

Those 2 problems will need to be fixed before it will work.

All of that can be done with Airtable’s native automations. Alternatively, for even more customizability & automatic looping of found records, you can use Make’s Twilio automations & integrations.

You have reiterated the problem i have identified and outlined. Can you please explain the workaround?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As I mentioned above, you’ll need to loop through the phone numbers.

Here is Airtable’s support article on how to do that, but note that Airtable will only loop through a maximum of 100 records (unless you’re looping through a linked record field or a script result).

If you have more than 100 records, you may need to turn to Make’s Twilio automations & integrations.

I also demonstrate my own text messaging solution in this episode of the BuiltOnAir video podcast.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld.

Just to confirm, this is how you've selected the phone numbers to send for your automation?

Screen Recording 2023-07-05 at 7.44.38 PM.gif

yes