cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_conti
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi guys,

I’m trying to come up with a formula that will calculate the number of days that has passed and based on that number, change a label in a field.

Here are the specifics:
I have an airtable for keeping track of job applications that I’ve submitted. I want to automatically update a label field based on the day that I applied.

Example:
I apply for a job and mark the date (date field), then I manually set a field called Follow up to “recently applied”. Then after 7 days, I manually change that label to “Send 1st follow up”.

So how do I create a formula that would basically do this:
if(date applied < 7 days){
set the label to “Recently Applied”
}
if( date applied is between 8 and 16 days){
set the label to “send 1st follow up”
}
if( date applied is between 17 and 24 days){
set the label to “send 2nd follow up”
}
else{
set the label to “maybe you should send your application”
};

Thanks in advance for the help!

2 Replies 2
paolo_conti
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A quick update here. I figured out a formula with nested IF statements that works. Here it is below:

IF({days since applied}<7, “recently applied”, IF({days since applied}<17, “Send 1st follow up”,IF({days since applied}<24,“Send 2nd follow up”,“need to apply”)))

It would be great if I could use this in a way that I can show a specific option from a drop down, but I have no idea how to do that…

@paolo_conti , would the same style not work with dropdown menu items? Or does the API not give access to associate the answers to the dropdown to the query?