1509 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katelyn_Moger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a base I am using for rehearsing a play. I have several tables including a character table,
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 11.37.46 AM
which I linked to the scene table, inputting which characters appear in each scene,
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 11.38.13 AM
finally linking a rehearsal table which has which scenes are being rehearsed on any given day.
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 11.38.32 AM
In the rehearsals table, I am trying to find any characters that will appear in any of the scenes rehearsed that day, without duplicates. I have tried a rollup command and a function command. I have played with ARRAYFLATTEN and ARRAYUNIQUE to no avail. Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Do the same process of creating a lookup and a rollup, only in the other direction. Lookup the dates, then rollup the dates.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Katelyn_Moger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would be great as well if I could then switch over to the Characters table and see what days any character might need to come to rehearsal. I think I must have linked something incorrectly at some point.

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Because you want information from two tables away, you need a lookup field in your intermediate table. Then you rollup that lookup field.

In your scenes table, create a lookup of your characters. This information in the lookup will show exactly the same as the linked record field.

Then in your rehearsals table, create a rollup of that lookup.

ARRAYJOIN(ARRAYUNIQUE(ARRAYFLATTEN(values)), ", ")

Ah! Thank you so much. Is it possible to get rehearsal dates to now show for characters?

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Do the same process of creating a lookup and a rollup, only in the other direction. Lookup the dates, then rollup the dates.