Help

Can I combine if & lookup formula on checkbox fields?

Topic Labels: Formulas
1779 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jodie_Camilleri
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I have a base that covers a script breakdown. One table within the base includes all information in regards to a Scene within an Episode, including all characters that need to be recorded within that scene (Script Breakdown).

Another table is a more granular version of this that breaks out each character of that scene to it’s own row. Both tables are linked via the Episode and Scene number. In this table I have a check box that I tick if a particular character voice has been recorded (Script Recorded Breakdown).

What I would like to do is create a formula within the Script Breakdown table that says something along the lines of ‘if all of the checkboxes within the “Script Recorded Breakdown Table” that link to this particular scene are checked’ than give the answer ‘recorded’ otherwise leave blank or something along those lines.

I hope this makes sense? In excel I would use a combination of if/vlookup but I’m not too sure what to do in airtable. Any ideas??

2 Replies 2
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there!

Here’s what I would do…

Add a count field to your first table, [Script Breakdown], that counts the number of characters linked to each Scene. Let’s say it’s called {Character Count}.

Next, add a rollup field on the same table, that’s pointed at the checkbox fields on the [Script Recorded Breakdown] table. Use a formula like…

IF(SUM(values) = {Character Count}, "Recorded")

I think that should do it! Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! This worked perfectly!