Help

Upcoming database upgrades. to improve our reliability at 03:30 UTC on Feb. 25 / 7:30pm PT on Feb. 24. Some users may briefly experience slow load times or error messages. Learn more here

Can we use an AND operator in an IF statement?

Topic Labels: Formulas
874 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we combine 2 things in an “IF” statement using “AND” or “&”?

For example, what if we wanted to compare 2 different sets of date fields. In other words, if I was using plain English, I would want to say something like this:

IF ( IS_AFTER({Event Start Date}, {Location Start Date}) AND IS_BEFORE ({Event End Date}, {Location End Date}), "Yes", "No" )

or I would want to say something like this:

IF( {Event Start Date} > {Location Start Date} AND {Event End Date} < {Location End Date}, "Yes", "No"

I know that both of those formulas are invalid formulas, but I’d love to say something like that in Airtable, using Airtable’s syntax.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Replies 2

You would do this: IF(AND(IS_AFTER({Event Start Date}, {Location Start Date}),IS_BEFORE({Event End Date}, {Location End Date})),"Yes","No") or do this IF(AND({Event Start Date} > {Location Start Date},{Event End Date} < {Location End Date}),"Yes","No")

Basically, use AND() as the first argument in the IF() statement. For your reference, OR() works the same way.

@Kamille_Parks, this is fantastic! Thank yo so much for outlining this for me! I greatly appreciate it! :slightly_smiling_face: