4432 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray_Li
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have two tables, “Projects” and “Tasks”. I need to display the completion status of the tasks in the “Projects” table.

In “Tasks”, I have a single select dropdown with “Not Started”, “In Progress”, and “Completed”. I would like to display the “Progress” in “Projects”. It should say “1/4” if there is one “Completed” and 4 tasks.

The formula in Excel is “=CONCATENATE(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A2:A5, “Completed”), “/”, COUNTA(Sheet2!A2:A5))”

Please help me find out how to do this in AirTable, thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hi @Ray_Li - try this:

On your tasks table have a formula field:

IF(Status = 'Completed', 1, 0)

Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 10.03.44.png

Back in the projects table you can do a rollup on the Status Value and count the number of tasks:

Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 10.03.54.png

The final step is to concatenate the two values together to get the string output you want:

{Status Rollup} & '/' & {Count of tasks}

Obviously, hide any fields you don’t want to be displayed.

JB

Ray_Li

Thank you very much, that works!

Mithil_Rana
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve a similar question. Please see below I posted in the community, but haven’t heard. Can you please help?

Need to find % completed? So in my Airtable, there are various tasks and subtasks. For example, Legal will 5 tasks and the statuses are complete and not started. What I am trying to find out is if 3 of those 5 are complete then how can it display 3/5 in % terms in Legal. Same for Operations under Operations category. And lastly, I want to add total project completion percentage based on LEGAL and OPERATIONS.