Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Field value as condition in Rollup Condition

Topic Labels: Formulas
535 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a conditional rollup take a field value from the current table as a variable?

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 12.15.04 PM

So in the screen shot above I would like to insert the field {Last Reload Date} from the current view, so that I can aggregate from that date.

3 Replies 3

No. “Dynamic variables” are available in Automations, but Rollups/Lookups/Count fields, though they have a similar UI, do not have the ability to check the current record’s values against the rollup record values.

What are the steps to doing that in Automations? At the moment I setup the following trigger, but what Action ship I take? Do I need to write a script ?

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 2.50.08 PM

To clarify: I do not necessarily recommend trying to recreate the functionality of a Rollup with an Automation. I was saying that Automation actions (like update record, create record, etc.) have dynamic variables but Rollups do not. For an Automation to replace a Rollup field you would likely need a script depending on the aggregation formula you intended to use.