Help

Generating a Checkbox in a Formula Field from Multiple Select Field.

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
813 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidney1983
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there;

I'm very new both to Airtable and formulae, so I hope this is just a beginner's issue and is not a function or possibility currently beyond the possibilities Airtable provides.

I have a formula field (Sim Required?) that I would like to populate a green checkmark from a combination of possible options in the multiple select field (TikTok / Instagram / Router).

The multiple select field has 4 options:

TikTok 1, TikTok 2, Instagram and Router.

I would like the green checkmark to appear under these conditions:

TikTok 1 only is selected.
TikTok 2 only is selected and
Both TikTok 1 and TikTok 2 are selected.

I've managed to have the checkmark appear only when TikTok 1 is selected; when I try with only TikTok 2 or a combination of 1 and 2, the green checkmark doesn't appear.

Thanks for any help you provide,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sidney1983

Thank you Arthur! I tried it, replacing Social Media with the correct field name, but it didn't work, even though it did work for you. That is a pickle.

That being said I tried this and it worked:

IF({TikTok / Instagram / Router} = “TikTok 1,” {TikTok / Instagram / Router} = “TikTok 2,” {TikTok / Instagram / Router} = “TikTok 1,”, “TikTok 2" "🟢",

IF( OR({TikTok / Instagram / Router} = “Instagram”, {TikTok / Instagram / Router} = "Router"), "🔴"))

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

@MaddieJ Here is an example of a question where I know of two possible formulas that might work. I tried typing them on my phone, but ultimate gave up after several tries because trying to type multi-line formulas with this level of nesting on mobile is just too hard on Khoros. I am also away from a computer for several days, and who knows if I will stumble on this thread when I have access to a computer again. 

Hopefully someone else will chime in with a solution. 

Thank you kuovonne!

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Sidney1983 ! Try this formula out (Adjust to match the name of your fields/data)

IF({Social Media} = 'TikTok1', '‌‌', IF({Social Media} = 'TikTok2', '‌‌', IF(OR({Social Media} ='TikTok1, TikTok2', {Social Media} ='TikTok2, TikTok1'), '‌‌')))

Screenshot 2023-10-28 224337.pngScreenshot 2023-10-28 224317.png

@kuovonne curious if you thinking along the same lines. 

Sidney1983

Thank you Arthur! I tried it, replacing Social Media with the correct field name, but it didn't work, even though it did work for you. That is a pickle.

That being said I tried this and it worked:

IF({TikTok / Instagram / Router} = “TikTok 1,” {TikTok / Instagram / Router} = “TikTok 2,” {TikTok / Instagram / Router} = “TikTok 1,”, “TikTok 2" "🟢",

IF( OR({TikTok / Instagram / Router} = “Instagram”, {TikTok / Instagram / Router} = "Router"), "🔴"))