cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nazar_Lupak
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi community! :ukraine:

I need some help with some basic formula creation. I have a 2 table, first - my clients, second - affiliates.

I want to count how many clients each affiliate bring to my services. Each affiliate has thair unique ID, witch are in bouth tables.

I clearly understand what formula should do, but I’m new to any programing skills so do not know how to wrote it correctly using formulas syntax.

My formula should find affiliat ID in Clients table, count them, and show result in Affiliat table alongside to each affiliate.

Will be thankfull for any advise with this.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Nazar_Lupak!

You can’t do that with a formula. You would do that with a field of type “count”.

1. In your Clients table, make sure that your primary field is the Client ID.
  2. In your Affiliates table, change the Client ID field to become a linked record field that links to your Clients Table.
  3. In your Affiliates table, create a new field of type “Count” that points to the linked record field from #2.

Also, since you’re new to Airtable, you might enjoy my free Airtable training course, which covers linked record fields in depth: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-airtable/