793 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucas_Ravassall
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

hello, I'm trying to make a table where employees upload two dates through a form, when they go on vacation and when they return.
So far so good, I was able to make a formula that counts the weekdays and these are subtracted from the number of available vacation days (vacations days left) . What I do not know is how to accumulate the days taken in the event if this person fills out the form again

Maybe there is a simpler solution to this problem.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This can be done in a few different ways but this is what I would do:
- Store all employee info such as each employee's initial bucket of PTO days in an Employees table.
- In your original "PTO Requests" table (the one with the form), create a linked record field to your Employees table.
- Either 1) ask on the form which employee the entry is for by including the linked record field, or 2) create an automation that links form submissions to the Employees table by populating the linked record field (based on some unique identifier captured in the form like email address).
- Now, in your Employees table, create a roll-up field that sums the days requested off across entries submitted to the PTO Requests table
- Finally, create a new formula field in Employees called "PTO Days Remaining" and subtract the roll-up field from the initial PTO days field mentioned in the first step

Hope that helps!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This can be done in a few different ways but this is what I would do:
- Store all employee info such as each employee's initial bucket of PTO days in an Employees table.
- In your original "PTO Requests" table (the one with the form), create a linked record field to your Employees table.
- Either 1) ask on the form which employee the entry is for by including the linked record field, or 2) create an automation that links form submissions to the Employees table by populating the linked record field (based on some unique identifier captured in the form like email address).
- Now, in your Employees table, create a roll-up field that sums the days requested off across entries submitted to the PTO Requests table
- Finally, create a new formula field in Employees called "PTO Days Remaining" and subtract the roll-up field from the initial PTO days field mentioned in the first step

Hope that helps!