Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

How to combine two fields in pair but separate lines?

Topic Labels: Formulas
469 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perfect
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My airtable has two fields, for example, 1st field name is "Test" and 2nd field name is "Solution". Records from both fields are come from Lookup of other fields so multiple records appear in "Test" and "Solution". i.e. one record of 'Test' contains 'Test item 1, 2 & 3'. One record of 'Solution' contain 'Solution item 1, 2, & 3'.

I use below formula to present Test item 1, Test item 2, Test item 3 in separate lines under one record of  "Test" fields. Solution item 1, Solution item 2, Solution item 3 in separate lines under one record of "Solution" field. 

SUBSTITUTE(
ARRAYJOIN({Your Lookup Field}),
",","\n"
)

However, I would like to present the information in pair but separate line in NEW FIELD?  e.g. 

1st line - Test item 1

2nd line - Solution item 1

3rd line - Test item  2

4th line - Solution item 2

5th line - Test item 3

6th line - Solution item 3

Would anyone propose how to do it? Thank you. 

1 Reply 1
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

If your lookups are based on the same linked field, do the merge in your source table not your destination table.  Then you lookup the merged field.