cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Hughes
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have a currency column that is being auto-calculated, and the way Airtable is summing the numbers is sometimes incorrect - off by a few cents.

I suspect this is because the auto-calucations sometimes come from .00 or .000 fractional ownership of certain goods, so when Airtable sums a bunch of those at once it's somehow dropping or carrying over fractions of cents...

If I copy and paste the whole list of numbers in Excel, for instance, it gives me the correct total. So I'm searching for a way to somehow convert the auto-calculated field to a plain number field which will hopefully only give me the sum of the numbers as they are.

Any suggestions for how to to this? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Modifying the number of decimal places displayed only affects how the number is displayed, but the full decimal is used in any calculations. 

You can use ROUND() in your formula to round the numbers to your preferred number of decimals.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 1.33.32 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-14 at 1.33.24 PM.pngdid you try modifying the number of decimal places in the formula formatting section?

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Modifying the number of decimal places displayed only affects how the number is displayed, but the full decimal is used in any calculations. 

You can use ROUND() in your formula to round the numbers to your preferred number of decimals.

That's what I was looking for - thanks!