cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iaskenazi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am working on a property management system and there are contracts in two currencies. For all the data to make sense I need to convert the dllr contracts information to pesos with the current exchange rate. 

In the table where I have inflation data I have a column with the monthly rate when the contract was signed but I need to multiply for current exchange rate. I figured that manually making a column with current rate and coping the latest data to all rows gets the work done. I just want to know if there is a better way to do it?

It would be much simpler to have a last() command where a formula finds last record in a table!!!!!

Thanks,  

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 21.31.47.png

1 Reply 1

You can identify the latest record via a date with a workaround involving linking all your records to a single record and using `MAX(values)` and formula fields, example here

You could also try going in the opposite direction and have an automation that'll trigger when a new record gets created in your "Inflation" table to look for all your current contracts, and then use a repeating group action to update all of them with the current rate? (You'd have to work around the issue of "Find Records" only returning 100 records at once, which might not be surmountable depending on how many contracts you have)