513 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmac
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! I have data coming in from a webhook to Make. I am trying to create a formula in Make to search Airtable for number of times an email appears in a field on a table and limit the number of submissions to Airtable. For example, I want to limit the rows to 5 for this user based on email. When the user submits data via the webhook, I want Make to do a search on Airtable and count the number of time the email appears in the table, if email appears less than 5, allow data to be submitted. If more than 5, give an error or prevent data submission. Here is the formula I used. 8.FIELD__KPZIT488X is the value from the webhook for email.

"{{8.FIELD__KPZIT488X}}"={Email}

I have tried to do this with forms, but no luck. Trying to see if it can be done with formulas on the backend.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

When using Make's automations & integrations, you can create conditional paths by using filters & routers.

In your case, you would set your filters to look at the "Total Number of Bundles" that were found in your search, which would determine which conditional path to go down.

Check out the 2 screenshots below to see what this would look like.

For more Make training resources, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources here.

I also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here.

For example, in this video, I show how to work with Airtable arrays in Make.

p.s. I am the top Airtable/Make consultant in the community. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 3.09.29 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-10 at 3.11.33 PM.png

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

When using Make's automations & integrations, you can create conditional paths by using filters & routers.

In your case, you would set your filters to look at the "Total Number of Bundles" that were found in your search, which would determine which conditional path to go down.

Check out the 2 screenshots below to see what this would look like.

For more Make training resources, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources here.

I also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here.

For example, in this video, I show how to work with Airtable arrays in Make.

p.s. I am the top Airtable/Make consultant in the community. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 3.09.29 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-10 at 3.11.33 PM.png

Hm, and when you test that formula it doesn't return anything even though records exist in your table with that email value?  May I know what happens when you try swapping your formula around so that it's:

{Email}="{{8.FIELD__KPZIT488X}}"

@TheTimeSavingCo 

1. As he said above, his formula works just fine. It is returning records to him just fine. He is trying to have Make take different actions based on the number of records that are returned. I already answered his question above with the proper answer.

2. In Airtable, one thing to note about formulas is that it doesn't matter which direction they are in, so when you are writing formulas in Airtable, the formula {Email}="text" is the exact same as "text"={Email}.

lmac

Thanks! I will give this a try.

Adam, thank you for your time and responding to this post and my previous post. Lots of appreciation!

lmac

Thank you ScottWorld. It worked flawlessly.

lmac

I also used a numeric aggregator before the router to count the returned bundles.

@lmac You're welcome! That's actually a great decision that you added the numeric aggregator before the router, because an aggregator will reduce all of your bundles to JUST ONE BUNDLE... meaning that everything after the router will run ONLY ONCE instead of ONE TIME PER RETURNED BUNDLE. That's a great move!