667 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djibouti33
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Using the "created_at" field, I need a new date field (due_date) that takes created_at and adds x number of days.

It's easy to do this with a formula field, and I have that set up already.

However, I also need the flexibility of being able to manually overwrite the due_date if necessary. Forumla fields can not be edited.

How can I benefit from the efficiency of auto-calculating a due date + the flexibility of manually adjusting if necessary?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
pressGO_design
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I’ve done this in the past by creating a regular date field and then incorporating the created_at into a formula field that evaluates whether the regular date field is filled or not. If the regular date field is filled, then you add days (or whatever) onto that date. If it’s not filled, then you add days (or whatever) onto the created_at date.

If you want to have a created_at field, then just create another regular date field and call it Overwrite Due Date (or whatever) and then change your formula so that 

IF({Overwrite Due Date}, overwrite due date, date_add(created_at date, x, ‘days’))

Am on mobile and just couldn’t manage to write the syntax correctly - I hope you get what I mean!

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Another approach is to
Use a date field and an auto-calculated date, and only update the result of the auto-calculation to the date field in automation if the condition is met.