Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Multiple amounts for Multi Select Field

Topic Labels: Base design Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
483 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Revolutions_AI
5 - Automation Enthusiast

So Im pretty new to Airtable and not sure if I am going about this the right way and wonder if someone can point me in the right direction if not. Basically I am trying to use a multi select option to calculate the Extra costs involved in a job with solar installations which I have a field named Extras. So lets just say I have an option of installing on a tile roof which costs an extra 50 which I have added using the formulas below in a separate field called Extras Total. 

IF(
FIND('Tile Roof', Extras),
) +
IF(
FIND('3 phase', Extras),
) +
IF(
FIND('Solar Hot Water Removal', Extras),
) +
IF(
FIND('Optimiser', Extras),
) +
IF(
FIND('Panel Removal', Extras),
)

Where I am having trouble is with panel removal and optimisers there may be more than 1 panel or optimiser so is there a way that I can add multiple amounts to these particular options. My only thought would be to add multi options for each one e.g 1 panel removal, 2 panel removal, 3 panel removal etc. But this way would make it messy and have so many options and also would make the above formula very long, is there any way to streamline this?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, maybe use a new field called "# of Panels Removed" or something, and have the formula use that?

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 3.55.12 PM.png

IF(
) +
IF(
  {# of Panels Removed} * 20
)

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, maybe use a new field called "# of Panels Removed" or something, and have the formula use that?

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 3.55.12 PM.png

IF(
) +
IF(
  {# of Panels Removed} * 20
)

Revolutions_AI

Yeah I think this is a good solution, thank you!