Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Rollup formula (or any other idea that would simplify my workflow)

Topic Labels: Formulas
322 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Les_Gros_Becs
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all!

I am currently working on a base in which our staff members will be able to fill out their weekly timesheets. I live in Canada and here the standard hours of work is set to 8 hours in a day and 40 hours in a week.

In our company, the standard hours of work for a week is set to 35 hours. Any worked time that goes between 70 and 80 at the end of each Pay Period (2 weeks) is put in a bank. I can't figure out how to properly sum those hours without creating an astronomical amount of fields so I need your help.

In my base (which is in French) I have 6 tables :

• Feuilles de temps (=Timesheetswhich is linked to Pay Periods, People, Days and Projects
  • Périodes de paie (=Pay Periodswhich is linked to Timesheets, People, and Weeks
  • Personnes (=Peoplewhich is linked to Timesheets and Pay Periods
  • Semaines (=Weekswhich is linked to Pay Periods and Days
  • Jours de la semaine (=Dayswhich is linked to Timesheets and Weeks
  • Missions (=Projectswhich is linked to Timesheets

Here's what I've done so far in order to sum the extra hours in a bank :

• In Pay Periods, I've created multiple fields to sum the hours worked by every team member (which is already a lot)in Week 1 and Week 2 of every Pay Periods. In that base, I have a formula field that calculates the number of hours to put in the employee's bank.

Capture d’écran, le 2024-07-08 à 15.31.28.png

• In People,  I've created a rollup field for each staff member to sum the hours that would need to be put in their respective bank of hours (=Banque d'heures). 

Capture d’écran, le 2024-07-08 à 15.45.45.png

Here's my question : considering my workflow, is there any way to sum the banked hours per staff member in one rollup field - let's say with some kind of complex formula - or do I have to create a rollup field for each staff member and use filters to collect the right data?

Here's the link to my base : https://airtable.com/appuLqZFtJovkCypN/shrutE7CHcPLqgUo4/tbl6Wcyyy9eAI35DW/viwKQInzYABBxm7wT 

Best,

David

1 Reply 1

Hi,

in Timesheets table add lookup of 'Heures amettre en banque' from Pay Periods table
in Personnes, add rollup SUM(values) of this lookup.