Help

Airtable Cobuilder is here! Learn more about our new no-code app creation feature, powered by AI on the Airtable Academy

RSVP - limiting participants

Topic Labels: Formulas
1484 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IrisA
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I would like to create an RSVP form that can limit the number of participants. Is it possible?

8 Replies 8
Rafael_Oliveira
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@IrisA , would you like to create a form and to limit the number of ways this form can be used? In other words, would you like to limit the number of records created by a certain form? If so, it is possible.

IrisA
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I would like to restrict the number of individuals who can respond to the form. Specifically, I would like to implement a limit where after 30 individuals have registered, there will be no further option to register, similar to a "sold-out" situation.

@IrisA 

JotForm has this ability built into their forms:

Limit Form Submissions

Then, you would use Make’s JotForm integrations to move your form submissions from JotForm into Airtable. (I give an introductory Make training video here.)

Rafael_Oliveira
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It is possible you create a form in AT that can create only 30 records. After that, the form will not be able to submit.

Hi Rafael, Can you guide me on how to creat this form? 

dominicw
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We have this on our near-term roadmap for Fillout!

Right now we support setting a "close" date and disabling the form based on an arbitrary condition  (using the inputs in the form)

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Fillout is a great app!

Fillout is actually the most advanced form software available for Airtable.

I just recently discovered it, and now I have all of my Airtable consulting clients using it!

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you'd like to hire an expert Airtable consultant, please feel free to reach out to me through my website: Airtable Consultant — ScottWorld

Rafael_Oliveira
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@IrisA , you'll have to create two tables. One of them will be the one that will limit the number of records created via form.

The table A will be your main table, where the records will be created and where you'll have the form.

Then you create table B with 30 records. You link table A to table B.

The form have to have one field linked to the table B. You could call this, for example, as Position 1, Position 2 ... In order this field to be shown automatic filled in, you can use prefill_ parameters.

In table B, you create a view having a filter. You set up the field that is connected to the table A equals empty. So whenever you create a new record in Table A, this field in table B we'll be populate and so it will disappear from that view.

In the form, as I said, you'll have to add the field that is linked to the table B. You'll have to set up in the form this field a condition based on that view of the table B.