667 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krtphr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey guys, I'm currently stuck on how to formulate a profit based off the total value of the invoice. This is what I currently have:

krtphr_0-1689360850588.png

I have the formulas needed to determine the selling price of each product, however via my "Invoice" tab, I have this: 

krtphr_3-1689360390001.png

Where I'm stuck at is, how to formulate the formula to determine the gross profit of each invoice in their respective columns.

Any help is appreciated!

3 Replies 3
corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Can you describe your schema a little more? Looks like you have:

• Invoices - these can contain multiple line items
  • Services - these can contain multiple line items. Markup is set here?
  • Line items - linked to both services & invoices?

If markup is set at the service level, can you invoice at the service level instead of lineitems? This would allow you to rollup the service markups at the invoice. Another alternative would be to shift markup from service table to lineitem table, then markup can be rolled up from lineitem->invoice table. I might be misinterpreting what you're trying to do though.

krtphr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Current Base:

https://airtable.com/appYczVtYecoeXdMC/shrhL33aLMGGm2d8R/tbltju9ns971KmN2r/viwHhTYzlTmgzvd83?blocks=...

I'm not sure how to capture the profit value based off the markup of said products. Maybe you are explaining it, and I'm just not understanding it. I have the "services cost" & "markup" statically set to a figure. Markup amount is service cost*markup giving that amount. 

Line items table: I have the "Amount" column lookup based off the "selling price". When I scroll over to "Create Invoice," I'm wanting to generate my line items, qty etc and then have a column showcasing the profit of this invoice - but again, I'm not sure how to formulate that. But I may not be explaining it. Haha. 

Thanks again for the help!

Hm, if you created a rollup of the "Markup Amount" field with "SUM(values)", that would be the profit, right?