Help

Upcoming database upgrades. to improve our reliability at 03:30 UTC on Feb. 25 / 7:30pm PT on Feb. 24. Some users may briefly experience slow load times or error messages. Learn more here

What am I doing wrong with this simple nested IF?

Topic Labels: Formulas
1601 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve tried copying and adapting examples from this forum (many thanks all to those who contribute!) and I’ve tried writing formulas from scratch… nothing seems to work!

I’m using a very simple base to record my daily step count. I have a field called “Steps” and I want to include a quick visual indication of what my step count is for the day (actually, I’ll be using icons, but it’s simpler to include words in my example).

IF(
{Steps}>19999,
“Yay”,
IF(
{Steps}>9999,
“OK”,
IF(
{Steps}>1,
“No comment”
)
)
)

4 Replies 4

Hi @Greg_Gillet1, I believe this might work

IF(Steps>19999,“Yay”,IF(Steps>9999,“OK”,“No Comment”))

Thanks, Nathalie. Looks like it should work, but I’m still getting: “Sorry, there was a problem saving this field. Invalid formula. Please check your formula text.”

That’s unfortunate as this should work. My memory isn’t the greatest these days, but I vaguely remember something about the quotations and how it is different in various parts of the world.

Try this (no guarantees) --> IF(Steps>19999,‘Yay’,IF(Steps>9999,‘OK’,‘No Comment’))

Here’s a sample base with the formula. Maybe it will shed some light.

Nathalie - thank you SO much! Copying your formula from the forum still didn’t work, but copying your base and THEN copying the formula out of the field into mine DID work.

I wonder if it was something to do with having some (not so) smart quotation marks?

Anyway, I will watch out for this in future.