Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

What is wrong with my SWITCH formula?

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
245 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone,

I have one “Status” column with different status; I want for each status to be linked to another status, slightly different in another column called “Client Status”.

To do so, I wanted to use a Switch formula: for a status A, there will be bug airtable
a status A’ linked, as shown in image attached.

I wrote this formula:
SWITCH({Statut} ,“ :mailbox: Contact entrant - à traiter”,“ :white_check_mark: En attente de validation”,“ :arrows_counterclockwise: Offre en cours de traitement”,“ :1234: Offre validée → n° d’acquisition à créer (CAP18)”,“ :truck: Collecte à effectuer”,“ :date: Offre validée → collecte à planifier”,“ :truck: Collecte à effectuer”,“ :truck: Collecte planifiée → à effectuer”,“ :truck: Collecte à effectuer”,“ :computer: Collecte effectuée → prestations à faire”,“ :computer: Prestations en cours de réalisation”,“ :email: Prestations effectuées → livrables à envoyer”,“ :computer: Prestations en cours de réalisation”,“ :ok: Livrables envoyés → vérifier montant à facturer”,“ :moneybag: Facturation”,“ :moneybag: Opération à facturer”,“ :moneybag: Facturation”,“ :books: Opération close”,“ :books: Opération terminée”,“ :bulb: En attente”,“ :white_check_mark: En attente de validation”,“ :x: Non validé”)

(sorry for the french).

I receive this error message: “Sorry, there was a problem saving this field. Invalid formula. Please check your formula text.”

Do you have any clue why?

I tried with the ’ instead of the " ; it is not working either.

Thanks for the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SWITCH(
{Statut},
":mailbox: Contact entrant - à traiter",":white_check_mark: En attente de validation",
":arrows_counterclockwise: Offre en cours de traitement",":1234: Offre validée → n° d’acquisition à créer (CAP18)",
":truck: Collecte à effectuer",":date: Offre validée → collecte à planifier",
":truck: Collecte à effectuer",":truck: Collecte planifiée → à effectuer",
":truck: Collecte à effectuer",":computer: Collecte effectuée → prestations à faire",
":computer: Prestations en cours de réalisation",":email: Prestations effectuées → livrables à envoyer",
":computer: Prestations en cours de réalisation",":ok: Livrables envoyés → vérifier montant à facturer",
":moneybag: Facturation",":moneybag: Opération à facturer",
":moneybag: Facturation",":books: Opération close",
":books: Opération terminée",":bulb: En attente",
":white_check_mark: En attente de validation",":x: Non validé"
)

^ the above fixes improper spacing before the first comma and changes curly quotes to straight ones. If that doesn’t work, try removing duplicates. You seem to be looking for several options multiple times (i.e. ":truck: Collecte à effectuer" appears three times), which shouldn’t work anyway.

Also make sure the name of the field is correct. Your formula says Statut but your screenshot says Status internes.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
SWITCH(
{Statut},
":mailbox: Contact entrant - à traiter",":white_check_mark: En attente de validation",
":arrows_counterclockwise: Offre en cours de traitement",":1234: Offre validée → n° d’acquisition à créer (CAP18)",
":truck: Collecte à effectuer",":date: Offre validée → collecte à planifier",
":truck: Collecte à effectuer",":truck: Collecte planifiée → à effectuer",
":truck: Collecte à effectuer",":computer: Collecte effectuée → prestations à faire",
":computer: Prestations en cours de réalisation",":email: Prestations effectuées → livrables à envoyer",
":computer: Prestations en cours de réalisation",":ok: Livrables envoyés → vérifier montant à facturer",
":moneybag: Facturation",":moneybag: Opération à facturer",
":moneybag: Facturation",":books: Opération close",
":books: Opération terminée",":bulb: En attente",
":white_check_mark: En attente de validation",":x: Non validé"
)

^ the above fixes improper spacing before the first comma and changes curly quotes to straight ones. If that doesn’t work, try removing duplicates. You seem to be looking for several options multiple times (i.e. ":truck: Collecte à effectuer" appears three times), which shouldn’t work anyway.

Also make sure the name of the field is correct. Your formula says Statut but your screenshot says Status internes.