1187 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abraham_Bochner
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

What are my options after I reach  the Table limit of 50000?

I've just realized that the record limit is actually a hard limit, not a soft one.

What can I do at this point? I'm at a loss.

I certainly need more room in my databases - it's crucial for me to store all of my data.

4 Replies 4
CJSmith
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

My team recently started a project where we'll be creating massive amounts of records every day, and our bases will likely run into the hard limit before the year is up. These are some archival methods we've considered:

• Exporting CSVs to memorialize specifics
  • Employing rollups and automations to gather necessary metrics before deleting records
  • Manually documenting aggregate data (metrics by month, year, etc. - not my preference)

There's always considering the costly Enterprise plan to boost that limit to 250k, or holding out until Airtable announces a payment plan for more record space. But if the need is great enough, Sheets and Excel are always waiting for us to return 😉

Abraham_Bochner
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I'm currently exploring the idea of synchronizing multiple Bases, with the intention of merging only the summary data into one central Base.

This way, the bulk of the data will reside across multiple bases, while the summary will be located within my main base.

CJSmith
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Abraham_Bochner that's a great idea, and it's similar to something my team is doing as well. Best of luck!

Bennett_Hauser
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I don't understand how Airtable is not addressing this yet. I am a (relative) power user and have 3 bases approaching record limits and the step-up to Enterprise makes no sense financially. Something like Monday.com CRM doesn't limit the number of contacts; Airtable will push great users like me into other systems if we don't have good solutions here quickly.

@Abraham_Bochner we are also exploring rearchitecting and love that in theory, but it's such a short term fix with us just kicking the problem down the road. I would rather do the rearchitecting in a system that can scale (looking at Odoo or even Bubble). Moreover, there are major limitations of sync'd tables in Airtable if you aren't on Enterprise: most importantly, cannot edit the source data sync'ing in. So you need the tables in the same base if you want the User to be able to edit both without jumping to a new Base / Interface. Good luck!