2975 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_McHugh
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, just started using Airtable and I think it’s great. I was wondering if it’s possible to use the DATEADD() function to add a set number of months and subtract a set number of days in the same formula. I realise I could create two fields, one with DATEADD() for the months and a second with DATEADD() to subtract the days but just wondering if there’s a more elegant solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there, James! Welcome to the community!

You can absolutely do this. Let’s say we want to add one month, and subtract one day. I would write the formula like this:

IF({Date}, DATEADD(DATEADD({Date}, 1, 'month'), -1, 'day'))

If {Date} were today, 11/17/2019, the above would give us a result of 12/16/2019.

You could write this without wrapping it in the IF() statement, but I recommend using it to avoid getting #ERROR! when the field {Date} is empty :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there, James! Welcome to the community!

You can absolutely do this. Let’s say we want to add one month, and subtract one day. I would write the formula like this:

IF({Date}, DATEADD(DATEADD({Date}, 1, 'month'), -1, 'day'))

If {Date} were today, 11/17/2019, the above would give us a result of 12/16/2019.

You could write this without wrapping it in the IF() statement, but I recommend using it to avoid getting #ERROR! when the field {Date} is empty :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s great, thanks!