Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Adding Images to Rows via Form

288 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

I have a table with around 100 rows of Animals (Duck, Dog, Lizard, Shark…) . Now I like to crowdsource people adding images to those Animals rows. I like people to go to a form, pick a Category (Birds, Mammals, Reptiles, Fish) first then, depending of what Category they pick (e.g. Mammals), they see a list of available Animals (Dog, Cat, Monkey, ) for which users can add pictures.

Is that possible in Airtable with Airtable forms?

Note: At the Category > Animal relationship is 1-to-1. I.e. each Animal only belongs to one Category.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Replies 2

Dynamic conditional value lists like this can only be done with:

1. The combination of JotForm + On2Air Forms.

or

1. MiniExtensions.

Alternatively, if you want to stick with a native Airtable form, this is what I would recommend:

Since your animals & categories are a one-to-one relationship, then I would put the mammals & categories into the same table, and then combine them together as a formula field for your primary field. Then, make your Airtable form come from another table that links to this first table, and your users would get a dropdown list of all the (combined) animals & categories that you have already combined together for them.

Brilliant, thanks so much, Scott! I will try it!