Help

Airtable as a timesheet database for project management?

Topic Labels: Data
628 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fsdfs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I'm looking into the possibilities of making Airtable part of our project management set-up. At this moment, employees log their hours in Excel timesheets (on a daily basis, per month) and get copied over and over to make simulations or analysis of our ongoing projects. We have some major drawbacks in our way of working:
- Information is not up-to-date, as timesheets are being processed once a month.
- We need to copy the time data more than once, as we have no database set-up or whatsoever. 

Airtable could make it easier to centralize all timesheet data and link it back to other fixed data like project information, invoice structuring, people management... (no planning)

I have a few questions about this:
- What could be a good timesheet tool that works well together with Airtable? I need something "as simple as possible" that exports data on a daily base to our Airtable timesheet database.
- Is Airtable an interesting tool to use for more complex project management? I'm talking +/- 500 projects, 100 employees. We need the flexibility of an Excel / Google Sheets with some database structure built-in. 

I'd love to hear your suggestions. 

1 Reply 1

You can pretty much choose any time tracking software that you’d like as long as it has a REST API, and then it can automatically communicate with Airtable using Make.

Although depending on your needs, you may be able to build everything entirely in Airtable.

If you have a budget for your project and you’d like hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld.