554 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayme_Richardso
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi!  Background info.... I have a number of clients whose information I have stored in an Airtable base.  This information pertains to their upcoming meetings and information for them to prepare for those meetings. 

Currently, I'm providing them with a 'share' link from specific views in the base so they can view their upcoming meetings on their computer and/or mobile device. 

While the information translates fairly well to mobile, I'd like for it to be a little easier to view.  Has anybody done this?  Does Airtable have any 'mobile app' capabilities? 

Hopefully that all makes sense!  TIA!

3 Replies 3

Unfortunately, the mobile experience is not Airtable's key strength, so using Airtable's "shared views" (which is what you're already doing) is quite possibly the best option that you can get natively from Airtable.

In more recent news, Airtable has created 5 new interfaces that are more mobile-friendly. But the 2 big problems with sharing interfaces are:
(a) your clients must create an Airtable account and log into Airtable to view the interface, and
(b) your clients will be able to see the list of all your other clients as well.

If you want to spend extra money to solve this situation, you can get a highly-professional mobile experience from some of the external portal apps that support Airtable.

Some of the top portal tools for Airtable are Noloco, Softr, JetAdmin, Pory, and Glide.

Noloco is probably the most powerful portal available for Airtable. I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you'd like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

I really appreciate your thoughts!

I actually looked at Softr a bit earlier today, but it seemed like it would still be a web address they would go to, the same as the share link... it would just be more 'mobile friendly' as far as viewing goes.

Would you say that's so, or is there more to it that I'm just not seeing yet?

Yes, that's right. They would still be going to a web address in their mobile web browser, but they would be getting a more mobile-friendly interface. You might want to check out Glide, which claims to offer the most beautiful mobile-friendly interfaces.