Help

Airtable generating new single select options. Can't find out why.

Topic Labels: Data
317 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debbie_Benkovic
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a column that fills in the State Abbreviation from Jot Form. The form is a drop-down selection that is the same as my single select column in Airtable. Somewhere new duplicate selections are being generated with new submissions. I am trying to figure out where to even look for how this could be happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 9.22.23 AM.png

5 Replies 5
Nathan_Ramey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When that happens for me it is usually an automation that adds it with something like a space at the end. Creating a duplicate Select option.

That seems reasonable but the selection in the Jot Form is a drop-down and the answer to the drop-down is what gets pulled into Zapier then Airtable. Where would there be an opportunity to put a space in it? And when I fixed the duped States in Airtable there wasn't a space. 

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 5.47.10 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 5.47.51 PM.png

Could the original choice have an extra leading or trailing space?

Hello @Debbie_Benkovic,
As for both of the suggestions from @Nathan_Ramey & @kuovonne. It looks like it should be solved.
If not?

Then also check if is there any other API or Integration triggered when jotform is submitted. Also, check for airtable automation as well.
👍

Debbie_Benkovic
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There were 2 more instances today and there is a space being added. Because all of the instances are still coming from a dropdown list and I couldn't find an extra space anywhere. I did notice that both are passenger 3. There is a patient, a passenger 2, and a passenger 3. Only the passenger 3 was duped. There is an animation that creates backlinks to link all the patients together in Airtable. This has been in place and working for quite a while. See the screen grab of what the State Portion looks like in the Airtable automation and the Zapier field that specifies the State for passenger 3.

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 10.42.42 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-05 at 10.43.02 AM.png   Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 10.51.20 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-05 at 11.14.31 AM.png