Help

Am I dreaming ? ... shared view... editable!

3760 27
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien_Mottet1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Capture d’écran 2022-03-08 à 09.25.45

27 Replies 27

@Jordan_Scott1 Airtable has a history of releasing features before announcing them. This makes it super confusing for people who see a new feature and then have it removed from them. Was this a new feature for everyone, selected users, or only supposed to be for enterprise users? What’s going on?

Based on this post, it was clear that this feature was at least in beta for some users.

If Airtable announced features immediately when they were rolled out, there wouldn’t be so much confusion. We would know that an unannounced feature might be a mistake. For example, when y’all announced conditional actions in automations, people knew in advance that it was coming and to just sit tight if they didn’t have it yet. The announcement thread also gave a centralized place for discussions.

Instead we wake up some Tuesday morning and our bases look different, or have different features, and we don’t know what to think or how much effort to put into dealing with the changes.

Exactly, maybe the option will only come to Enterprise.

Wait and see!

By the way, a few days ago I made this video for how to update a record in a shared view from a button using a prefilled form an an automation. Not as cool as the feature that was exposed today, but this technique uses only well established features that are available to non-enterprise customers.

Julien_Mottet1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What is Gareth going to do this is new video about editable shared views ? lol

What has happened here is truly ludicrous.

JP_Abondano
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Get your ducks in order.

Why make a feature available, and then take it away, with no communication?

I was designing workflows, hiring staff, based on this feature.

the rug was pulled out.

Here is the post about the feature being removed.

Yes, woke up with the office in caos because the staff couldn’t perform their assigned tasks since shared links were no longer editable.

I had to come here to this forum to check on my sanity

Airtable, Thank you for the feature, but don’t pull it off like that.

Product and Revenue teams need to reconcile their differences and decide to put the products value first than monetization