cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Heath
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello All,

I would like to create a conditional roll up from table 1 based on a column in table 2. For example, I would like to pull in the names of records into the rollup field in table 2 from table 1 only if their date listed in table 1 is after a date listed in table 2.

Is this possible? In conditional roll up options I only can filter on criteria/columns from the original source table.

Thanks,
Sarah

1 Reply 1
Burner
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

If I’m understanding correctly, I think you’re looking at creating a lookup field instead of a rollup field. A rollup is an aggregator field in that it aggregates (sum, count, max, mean, etc.) values being referenced. What I think you’re looking for is simply a lookup based on a condition, which can be done in Airtable. Lookup the table 2 date in table 1 so that you have the name, table 1 date, and table 2 date in the same table. Then create a new formula field in table 1 so that if table 1 date is after table 2 date, then {Name} else BLANK(). Then go back to table 2 and lookup this newly created table 1 formula field and toggle “Only include linked records from table 1 that meet certain conditions” and set the condition to {new formula field} is not empty.

There may be a less convoluted way to do this, but I believe this should work.