640 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aisha_Kasmir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all! I hope to get some help on Frankensteining my own version of Stylebook and Pureple that creates outfits BUT is based user preferences instead of random chance, and doesn’t require the torture of photographing clothes.

My Method So Far:

I created a database of my wardrobe across three tables so far based on garment category:

• Tops
  • Bottoms
  • Outer Layer

Each table has columns that describe a garment’s color, fit, fabric, length, collar/neckline, embellishments, closures, etc.

Then I:

• Created views in each table based on Outfit Proportion.
  • Copy+pasted those individual lists into a combination generator to create outfits
  • Manually weeded out outfits that didn’t look good based on mismatches (eg denim on denim, black and red, etc.).

What I’d like to happen:

• Outfits table that takes records from the garment tables & views to populate individual records
  • Go through those Outfit records to find something I’d like to wear.

I’ve tried the Junction app but that only combines tables without conditions, and only does 2 tables at a time.

I’ve tried Find Records Based on Views but that doesn’t create rows of outfits, just a list of matching items in a field.

Is there a way, without scripting, to combine their powers?

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community!

I don’t think there is a way to generate possible outfits without using scripting or some other 3rd party tool.

You might want to consider a slightly different base design where you put all wardrobe items in a single table. Then in your [outfits] table, have a single linked record field that links to all the items in the outfit. This would give you more flexibility to include things like dresses that don’t fit neatly in the tops/bottoms category. It would also be easier to include layered looks, such as leggings + skirt, or a tank top + shirt.

Thanks so much for the reply! I figured it might not be possible. I’ll have to investigate scripting or finding someone who could do it.

The single table idea for layering looks is great! I’ll try it out.