cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuentinLeblond
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everybody,

Im facing a pb with airtable for my business regarding Dates.

Im selling cars, and each cars sold has a "sell date" which is a calendar column day - values monitored in Table 1

In another table, Table 2, I have my monthly and quarterly objectives of sales. 

My main objective is to handle our performance, so automatically have an idea of a total monthly margin and quarterly generated margin, and where it stands vs Objectives. 

For this, ideally, I should have a "Month" column in Table 2 with a sum roll up that would automatically update if a new car with its selling date is created in Table 1.

Example : I sell a car for 30k€ the 23d of january, i create the record in Table 1, and Table 2 would automatically update with January 2023, Q1 2023 and FY 2023 by +30k€. And hence all my interfaces of performance monitoring 🙂

2 Replies 2
Lom_Labs
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello Quentin, you can do this with an automation.  Use a formula field to display the month, quarter or year value of that record, and use the automation to copy that value into a linked field to the appropriate table.

Here is a template that you can use

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 1.26.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 1.27.01 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 1.27.30 PM.png 

QuentinLeblond

Hi @Lom_Labs - i tried, and it works ! Thanks a lot, i think im good for now then !