cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dg777
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am using airtable for a two step form process.

The first table is called "Event Request". When you submit the Event Request Form it makes a record in that table and assigns it a "Request ID" number via an auto-number field. Once that form is approved, via some script and automation, the user receives a prefilled "Event Information Form" from an Event Information Table to add details.

When the user submits the Event Information Form, I capture the Request ID from the initial request in the Event Information table too.

What I would like to do is have a "Form Received" field in the Event Request Table that can say "yes" if there is a matching Request ID in both the Event Information and Event Requests table.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
MelloJello
5 - Automation Enthusiast

- In the "Event Request" table, create a linked record field to link each event request to the corresponding event information in the "Event Information" table.

Create the "Form Received" Field
- In the "Event Request" table, create a new field called "Form Received" and set the field type to "Formula".
- In the formula field, use the following formula to check if there is a matching Request ID in both tables:
IF({Linked Event Information}, "Yes", "No")
This formula checks if there is a linked event information record for each event request. If there is a linked record, it will display "Yes", otherwise, it will display "No".

Thanks for the info. I haven't used linked fields that much. When I try that, do I need to manually select the corresponding Event Information record in the Event Request form. I am hoping for something that can trigger the Form Received Yes/No automatically.

Thanks!

MelloJello

With no other modifications, Yes.

Linked records are core to Airtable, you may want to review how they are used.

There is also a knowledge base article on PreFilled forms, you can add the previous form ID to the secondary form to link the previous form record to it, and hiding it from the user.

https://support.airtable.com/docs/prefilling-a-form-via-encoded-url

Thanks. I have the prefilled form working great and submitting the Request ID to Event Information table. I will do some exploring on how to have the linked record automatically update, since I am trying avoid manual linking in Event Request table.