249 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_PSL
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Was playing around with the new function for dynamic linked records and was intitally very excited about it, but am wondering if there's something that I am doing wrong. 

After setting the dynamic filter, if I try to look for records that were not filtered when i try to add a linked record, I don't see those records (aka working as intended).

However, when I copy and paste a name of a linked record that I know should pass the filter into the field, it shows up there. 

In my use case, I am using an automation to copy and paste from one field into a linked record; is there a way to only paste the ones that are allowed in the filter for linked records? (seem to have this issue regardless of whether its a static or dyanmic filter and not sure if its a bug)

2 Replies 2

re: is there a way to only paste the ones that are allowed in the filter for linked records?

The dynamic filter and view filters only affect the selection process I think, so I don't think this is possible I'm afraid

Jim_PSL
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for the reply! I have texted Airtable regarding this as well; Definitely feel more of a bug than a filter if i can just copy and paste in linked records (getting around the selection process...)