1566 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V11
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are trying to automate email for master data with claim id with details from child database for same claim id - as detailed data resides in seperate child data base i am unable to create view , as claim id is dynamically getting changed for respective claim id in master table where trigger mail condition happens
e.g. in master i have claim id - 100 and amount - 600
nd in child i have three records with claim id 100 and amount 100,200,300
digest on find records - condition picks up data but email rendering order is record id and so not put up as in order expected
it is suggested to use find records with view
i tried to set view but it asks for condition which
i am unable to put up
experts are requested to guide on this solution
and what i am missing to plug in
thanks for your time

4 Replies 4

Unfortunately, you can’t do what you want to do with Airtable’s native automation steps. Airtable’s native automations do not offer the ability to sort found records, and as you have discovered, if you try to specify a view, then you can’t specify a dynamic find.

You can achieve what you want to do by writing a JavaScript, or by using a low-code automation tool like Make.com.

Somebody else might chime in here to help you write a JavaScript for this.

Personally, I do not know JavaScript, so I always use Make.com for these types of automations.

Make allows you to find, sort, aggregate, and email records.

For example, below is an example screenshot of how easy this might be to setup in Make. This scenario searches & sorts records from Airtable, combines all of the results into one block of HTML text, and then emails the text. (Note that your scenario might be more complicated than this.)

V11

Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance and
i hope there may be alternates with record update or table join etc to overcome this difficulties, to put current master claim id in child table anywhere and then apply filter view to render digest from child databse
your make.com suggestion is well noted, thanks a lot sir

Be sure to email support@airtable.com with your suggestion. It’s something that all of us would like to see in the product, but they haven’t added it yet.

V11

thanks,
yes- i also have found few users requesting on this features since long but solution yet remains awaited , i have requested on support as well now, thanks for suggestion and lets hope for quick solution