289 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lukas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm building a system for our staff where I need to be able to find colleagues of a given person for a given project in a particular building.

Our structure in airtable is like this:
We have four tables:
Buildings
Projects
Positions
Staff

The buildings table simply serves to tie them together, being linked to from the projects table as a location.
The project table serves to explain the project itself and gets linked to for the positions in that project, from the positions table. The positions table helps organize certain positions, like designer, or electrician, that may be organized before the staff for that particular position is chosen - which, of course, is then taken from the Staff table, holding all of the staff details.

What I'm trying to achieve, is by a button press from the staff's profile in our interface, set a filter over a list element that matches that specific staffer's dates of starting and ending on that project, along with the building, thereby showing the people they have been working with for that period, even if there's overlap in the projects going on in that building.

I can already achieve this by manually setting a filter for these details, but we're trying to streamline workflows.

I hope I made any kind of sense here, and that someone may be able to help 🙂 

0 Replies 0